At Magnuson Athletic Club, our families’ safety is our top priority. We are strictly adhering to the phased guidelines set forth by the government to ensure a healthy environment and our programs will be modified accordingly.
Facility flow and equipment have been adapted to allow for ample spacing.
Limited number of people in our buildings at one time, following the government’s phased capacity guidelines.
Masks are required for all staff, members and other visitors ages 5 years and older.
You’ll receive disinfectant spray and a cleaning towel upon check-in. Please clean equipment before and after use.
Staff will be washing their hands frequently and we ask that customers do the same.
August 3, 2020 at 8:00am
We are happy to announce that with King County moving into Phase 2, our doors are open! We have been open for personal training but this means we can now open up to the broader membership. We will be strictly following Governor Inslee’s Phase 2 updated guidelines for fitness training facilities, with your safety being our top priority.
We have put together a quick video starring our Fitness Manager, John Mckinnon, outlining some of the changes you’ll see when you come to the club and the new safeguards we’ve put in place.
Workout Sign-Up Procedure:
- Before you come to the gym, you will go online to book a 60-minute workout time slot to ensure we are limiting the number of people in the club.
- To sign up for a workout time slot, log in to Empower M.E. on the Magnuson Athletic Club website. Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Attached is a Phase 2 map of our facility.
- Note: if you have never logged in to your online account, log in for the first time using your Member ID # (on the back of your membership card) as both your username and password.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206)-452-1500 if you have any difficulties scheduling your workout time or logging in to your account.
Booking Your Personal Training Session:
- Starting at $80 for 60-minute training session
- Email email@example.com and we’ll connect you with our training staff to book your appointment.
More Protocols & Guidelines:
- Members need to bring their own workout towels in order to minimize risk.
- In addition, staff will be cleaning equipment and facility with hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the day and thorough cleanings will be done each evening.
- During Phase 2, locker rooms will only be open for bathroom use.
- Locker rooms showers, sauna and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- We will be doing daily wellness checks of our staff members.
- Our virtual workouts have been a huge hit, and we’re excited to announce that these will continue, even once we reopen.
We will resume charging monthly dues on July 1st.
We are looking forward to seeing you back at the club!
Phase 2 Available Programs
- Booking Workout Time Slot
- Group Fitness Classes
- 1-On-1 Personal Training
- Booking a Tour (Very Limited)
Members Must Watch – Mandatory Safety Briefing
We have created a short video on the protective measures we are taking to keep our members safe. In order to comply with the Governor’s reopening guidelines, it’s required that all members watch this video before coming to the club. When you check in at the club, our front desk staff will confirm with you that you’ve watched the video prior to your workout session.