5/21/21, 9:00am – Governor Inslee announced that our region is in Phase 3 of the “Roadmap to Recovery” reopening plan.
Here’s what this means for our Magnuson Athletic Club members:
- Mask Policy Update: Fully vaccinated Magnuson Athletic Club members and staff are not required to wear a mask while in our facilities. People who choose not to get vaccinated can fully participate in our programs with a mask on, per the Governor’s guidelines.
- During Phase 3, we are open for individual workouts, GX classes, individual personal training sessions and small group training.
- More Workout Time Slots Available – During Phase 3 we’ll be operating at 50% of the building’s capacity. This will enable us to open up more workout slots for members.
- Small Group Training Resumes – We will now be able to offer small group training. To book a session, contact our training staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-452-1500.
- Under the guidance, members are limited to an hour workout session per day.
- Workout time slots and personal training sessions can be booked in advance by logging in to your Empower M.E. account.
- Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Showers and locker rooms are now open.
- Childcare remains closed.
- New hours:
- Monday – Friday · 5am-9pm
- Saturday & Sunday · 7am-7pm
We’ve made a significant investment in upgrading our HVAC system so that it allows for fresh outside air to be exchanged throughout the building 2 times per hour in our larger rooms and 7 times per hour in our smaller rooms. This is above the recommended level of air exchange for gyms and makes for a “nearly outdoor” experience! In addition, we’ve upgraded our air filtration system, purchased new cleaning equipment and have dedicated staff resources to disinfect high-touch areas and equipment frequently throughout the day.
Global studies conducted in areas that have fully reopened fitness have repeatedly shown that gyms are not a significant source of virus spread.
Our customers’ health and safety is our top priority.
We have put together a quick video starring the Issaquah Fitness Fitness Manager, John Mckinnon, outlining some of the changes you’ll see when you come to the club and the new safeguards we’ve put in place.
Workout Sign-Up Procedure:
- Before you come to the gym, you will go online to book a 45-minute workout time slot to ensure we are limiting the number of people in the club.
- To sign up for a workout time slot, log in to Empower M.E. on the Magnuson Athletic Club website. Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Note: if you have never logged in to your online account, log in for the first time using your Member ID # (on the back of your membership card) as both your username and password.
- Please contact us at email@example.com or (206)-452-1500 if you have any difficulties scheduling your workout time or logging in to your account.
Booking Your Personal Training Session:
- Starting at $80 for 60-minute training session
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with our training staff to book your appointment.
More Protocols & Guidelines:
- Members need to bring their own workout towels in order to minimize risk.
- In addition, staff will be cleaning equipment and facility with hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the day and thorough cleanings will be done each evening.
- During Phase 1, locker rooms will only be open for bathroom use.
- Locker rooms showers, sauna and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- We will be doing daily wellness checks of our staff members.
- Our virtual workouts have been a huge hit, and we’re excited to announce that these will continue, even once we reopen.
We are looking forward to seeing you back at the club!