Last month, King County announced that beginning October 25th, those ages 12 and older will need to show proof of Covid vaccination or a negative test to enter gyms and other indoor recreational establishments. We are required to comply with this order at the MAC. Read the King County Health Order.
Beginning October 25th, MAC members will need to show proof of vaccination (a photo of your vaccination record is sufficient) upon entering the club. We will note your proof of vaccination in our system – it will not be necessary to show this at future club visits.
As an alternative to proof of vaccination, members can present a negative FDA-approved PCR test that’s been administered within the previous 72 hours. Non-vaccinated club members must present a valid negative test result at each visit.
Arena Sports will be checking their own customers at the building’s entrance. MAC members do not need to present proof of vaccination or a negative test to Arena Sports staff. Instead, just tell them you are headed to the MAC and bypass that table.
8/23/21, 9:00am – Governor Inslee announced that our region is in Phase 3 of the “Roadmap to Recovery” reopening plan.
Here’s what this means for our Magnuson Athletic Club members:
- Mask Policy Update: Governor Inslee has reinstated the statewide indoor mask mandate. This means we are required to have MAC members and staff ages 5 and older wear masks at all times while in the club, regardless of vaccination status. Customers may remove their masks only while eating or drinking.
- During Phase 3, we are open for individual workouts, GX classes, individual personal training sessions and small group training.
- Under the guidance, members are limited to an hour workout session per day.
- Workout time slots and personal training sessions can be booked in advance by logging in to your Empower M.E. account.
- Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Showers and locker rooms are now open.
- Childcare remains closed.
- New hours:
- Monday – Friday · 5am-9pm
- Saturday & Sunday · 7am-7pm
We’ve made a significant investment in upgrading our HVAC system so that it allows for fresh outside air to be exchanged throughout the building 2 times per hour in our larger rooms and 7 times per hour in our smaller rooms. This is above the recommended level of air exchange for gyms and makes for a “nearly outdoor” experience! In addition, we’ve upgraded our air filtration system, purchased new cleaning equipment and have dedicated staff resources to disinfect high-touch areas and equipment frequently throughout the day.
Global studies conducted in areas that have fully reopened fitness have repeatedly shown that gyms are not a significant source of virus spread.
Our customers’ health and safety is our top priority.
We have put together a quick video starring the Issaquah Fitness Fitness Manager, John Mckinnon, outlining some of the changes you’ll see when you come to the club and the new safeguards we’ve put in place.
Workout Sign-Up Procedure:
- Before you come to the gym, you will go online to book a 45-minute workout time slot to ensure we are limiting the number of people in the club.
- To sign up for a workout time slot, log in to Empower M.E. on the Magnuson Athletic Club website. Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Note: if you have never logged in to your online account, log in for the first time using your Member ID # (on the back of your membership card) as both your username and password.
- Please contact us at [email protected] or (206)-452-1500 if you have any difficulties scheduling your workout time or logging in to your account.
Booking Your Personal Training Session:
- Starting at $80 for 60-minute training session
- Email [email protected] and we’ll connect you with our training staff to book your appointment.
More Protocols & Guidelines:
- Members need to bring their own workout towels in order to minimize risk.
- In addition, staff will be cleaning equipment and facility with hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the day and thorough cleanings will be done each evening.
- During Phase 1, locker rooms will only be open for bathroom use.
- Locker rooms showers, sauna and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- We will be doing daily wellness checks of our staff members.
- Our virtual workouts have been a huge hit, and we’re excited to announce that these will continue, even once we reopen.
We are looking forward to seeing you back at the club!